AddCloud is considered as a tricky adware that keeps laying negative influence on users’ computers. The ways used by AddCloud to infiltrate into computer can be various, which are known as free downloading program, spam email, porn site and malicious link. Especially, any unknown bundles should be highly cautious when users are installing program.
Once downloaded, AddCloud will start changing the default settings on each kind of web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Originally, it is used for promoting website traffic and gain revenue for the affiliated website. However, AddCloud can be utilized by bad guys to penetrate computer with severe malware.
Even worse, AddCloud may manage your online habit, visiting website and favorite to collect your private information. It also takes up a big part of memory space and decelerates your PC speed. Considering AddCloud is an annoying adware running risk on your computer that users are suggested to get rid of it soon once upon the detection.
How to Remove Malware from Mac?
If you have virus problem on Windows OS, please read this Win OS Guide – Manually Remove Virus or malware from Windows OS
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
– Select Finder on dock:
Select Applications >> Right-lick on unwanted or suspicious apps that may be related with AddCloud >> Click Move to Trash
Go to Dock >> Right-click on Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
Tips – In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious apps that may be related with threat, we recommend downloading Combo Clneaer to scan your mac and find out malware:
Uninstall Unwanted or Suspicious Extension that May Be Related with Threat:
Launch Safari and Click Preferences
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with AddCloud >> Click Uninstall
Launch Chrome >> Select More Tools >> Click Extensions:
Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with AddCloud >> Click Trash icon to uninstall it.
Launch Firefox >> Click Add-ons:
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with AddCloud >> Click Remove
STEP 3 (Important!)
Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus to find out all malicious items hiding on your Mac:
AddCloud and related malware reinstalls itself on Mac if you do not delete all malicious items (Files and folders created by virus). It will be a complicated and lengthy process to manually locate and delete these items. Thus we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to remove malware and related files safely and quickly.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional in detecting and removing any latest malware and virus on Mac. It is a reliable anti-malware to keep your Mac away from virus, phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and all kinds of online threats while feeling safe about your personal data.
– Double-click combocleaner.dmg to install Combo Cleaner and start a Scan to search and remove malicious items dropped by malware:
3. Re-check your Mac with Uninstaller function Anti-virus function of Combo Cleaner.
– First, use Uninstaller tool to check if any unwanted apps are still in the Apps list. If there is unwanted apps in the list, please select them and click “Remove Selected Items”.
– Second, use Antivirus tool to run a Quick Scan and determine if there unsafe items hiding on your Mac.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.