Information about PublicToolboxLookup :
PublicToolboxLookup can be considered as a Adware program which may come along with some freeware that you have installed. PublicToolboxLookup is not a useful program. The most important thing it will do is display ads to prevent you from surfing on the Internet normally. PublicToolboxLookup will present various of unwanted advertisements on your browsers once it is installed. Commonly, PublicToolboxLookup can attack the most popular browsers such as Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. After penetrating into your computer, it can control your browsers and redirect your search results to some suspicious websites which may contain different kinds of commercial adverts.
Moreover, when you are watching a video or playing a game online, PublicToolboxLookup can pop up on your screen all of sudden. If you want to work on the computer safely, you are suggested to get rid of PublicToolboxLookup as soon as possible. PublicToolboxLookup might be linked with some words or images when you visit a infected website. PublicToolboxLookup can impact your computer a lot. Since you have found it on your system, please make further steps to uninstall it immediately.
How to Remove Malware from Mac?
If you have virus problem on Windows OS, please read this Win OS Guide – Manually Remove Virus or malware from Windows OS
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
– Select Finder on dock:
Select Applications >> Right-lick on unwanted or suspicious apps that may be related with PublicToolboxLookup >> Click Move to Trash
Go to Dock >> Right-click on Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
Tips – In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious apps that may be related with threat, we recommend downloading Combo Clneaer to scan your mac and find out malware:
Uninstall Unwanted or Suspicious Extension that May Be Related with Threat:
Launch Safari and Click Preferences
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with PublicToolboxLookup >> Click Uninstall
Launch Chrome >> Select More Tools >> Click Extensions:
Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with PublicToolboxLookup >> Click Trash icon to uninstall it.
Launch Firefox >> Click Add-ons:
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with PublicToolboxLookup >> Click Remove
STEP 3 (Important!)
Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus to find out all malicious items hiding on your Mac:
PublicToolboxLookup and related malware reinstalls itself on Mac if you do not delete all malicious items (Files and folders created by virus). It will be a complicated and lengthy process to manually locate and delete these items. Thus we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to remove malware and related files safely and quickly.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional in detecting and removing any latest malware and virus on Mac. It is a reliable anti-malware to keep your Mac away from virus, phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and all kinds of online threats while feeling safe about your personal data.
– Double-click combocleaner.dmg to install Combo Cleaner and start a Scan to search and remove malicious items dropped by malware:
3. Re-check your Mac with Uninstaller function Anti-virus function of Combo Cleaner.
– First, use Uninstaller tool to check if any unwanted apps are still in the Apps list. If there is unwanted apps in the list, please select them and click “Remove Selected Items”.
– Second, use Antivirus tool to run a Quick Scan and determine if there unsafe items hiding on your Mac.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.