Information about WebResultsService Chrome Extension:
WebResultsService Chrome Extension is a type of adware program which can create numerous irritating and annoying advertisements and pop-up ads on your web browsers. It can attack your computer without any notifications. Once successfully invade into your system, it will distribute innumerable pop-up windows, commercial adverts, banners and coupons on your web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Finally, your browsers will be totally affected and you cannot browse normally on the Internet. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can not only take over your browsers but also can cause redirection problems. Apart from that, other PC threats, which may be bundled with WebResultsService Chrome Extension can be install on your PC without your knowledge. As a result, those programs will take up high usage of your system and poor your PC performance. How can WebResultsService Chrome Extension attack one’ system? As the matter of fact, this adware program is designed by the third party companies, including cyber criminals who want to get profits by stealing users’ financial details. There is no doubt that WebResultsService Chrome Extension is a dangerous program which should be removed as soon as possible. However, it is difficult to uninstall this virus because it can change its behavior and locations all the time. Therefore, manual removal will be the most effective way to get rid of this nasty adware. Please read the instructions carefully before you take any actions.
WebResultsService Chrome Extension overview:
1. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can sneak into your system without any permission;
2. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can attack all the browsers and change the browser settings;
3. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can add it malicious codes and files to browsers which can create tons of frustrating adverts;
4. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can mislead users to visit some malicious websites that may contain other potential threats;
5. WebResultsService Chrome Extension can trace your browsing interests and collect your sensitive information for hackers to get illegal income.
How to Remove Malware from Mac?
If you have virus problem on Windows OS, please read this Win OS Guide – Manually Remove Virus or malware from Windows OS
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
– Select Finder on dock:
Select Applications >> Right-lick on unwanted or suspicious apps that may be related with WebResultsService Chrome Extension >> Click Move to Trash
Go to Dock >> Right-click on Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
Tips – In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious apps that may be related with threat, we recommend downloading Combo Clneaer to scan your mac and find out malware:
Uninstall Unwanted or Suspicious Extension that May Be Related with Threat:
Launch Safari and Click Preferences
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with WebResultsService Chrome Extension >> Click Uninstall
Launch Chrome >> Select More Tools >> Click Extensions:
Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with WebResultsService Chrome Extension >> Click Trash icon to uninstall it.
Launch Firefox >> Click Add-ons:
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with WebResultsService Chrome Extension >> Click Remove
STEP 3 (Important!)
Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus to find out all malicious items hiding on your Mac:
WebResultsService Chrome Extension and related malware reinstalls itself on Mac if you do not delete all malicious items (Files and folders created by virus). It will be a complicated and lengthy process to manually locate and delete these items. Thus we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to remove malware and related files safely and quickly.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional in detecting and removing any latest malware and virus on Mac. It is a reliable anti-malware to keep your Mac away from virus, phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and all kinds of online threats while feeling safe about your personal data.
– Double-click combocleaner.dmg to install Combo Cleaner and start a Scan to search and remove malicious items dropped by malware:
3. Re-check your Mac with Uninstaller function Anti-virus function of Combo Cleaner.
– First, use Uninstaller tool to check if any unwanted apps are still in the Apps list. If there is unwanted apps in the list, please select them and click “Remove Selected Items”.
– Second, use Antivirus tool to run a Quick Scan and determine if there unsafe items hiding on your Mac.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.