Active Origin Virus
Active Origin Virus is an adware program that is developed to benifits the third party company. Active Origin Virus can infiltrate into the computer without asking for any approval. Once gets inside, it can mess up your browsers seriously. Active Origin Virus is able to change the homepage and modify the browser settings. Besides, it can alter your search results to its own choice. No matter when you start a new page, Active Origin Virus can direct you to some unknown pages that may include many random ads and pop-up windows. If you move your mouse on them, you can get other unwanted programs or even malicious computer threats infected. Once you click on those things without careful enough, you can get infected with Active Origin Virus. Usually, Active Origin Virus targets the most used web browsers including Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Other browses like Yahoo, Bing and even Safari can be affected by Active Origin Virus as well.
Moreover, Active Origin Virus is an unsafe application that created by the hackers to spy your online activities and steal your personal data for malicious purpose. Active Origin Virus should be removed from your system as early as you can. The longer it stays on the computer, the more chaos it can perform. For the sake of your computer, you are kindly suggested to eliminate Active Origin Virus right now.
How to Remove Malware from Mac?
If you have virus problem on Windows OS, please read this Win OS Guide – Manually Remove Virus or malware from Windows OS
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
– Select Finder on dock:
Select Applications >> Right-lick on unwanted or suspicious apps that may be related with Active Origin Virus >> Click Move to Trash
Go to Dock >> Right-click on Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
Tips – In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious apps that may be related with threat, we recommend downloading Combo Clneaer to scan your mac and find out malware:
Uninstall Unwanted or Suspicious Extension that May Be Related with Threat:
Launch Safari and Click Preferences
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Active Origin Virus >> Click Uninstall
Launch Chrome >> Select More Tools >> Click Extensions:
Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Active Origin Virus >> Click Trash icon to uninstall it.
Launch Firefox >> Click Add-ons:
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Active Origin Virus >> Click Remove
STEP 3 (Important!)
Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus to find out all malicious items hiding on your Mac:
Active Origin Virus and related malware reinstalls itself on Mac if you do not delete all malicious items (Files and folders created by virus). It will be a complicated and lengthy process to manually locate and delete these items. Thus we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to remove malware and related files safely and quickly.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional in detecting and removing any latest malware and virus on Mac. It is a reliable anti-malware to keep your Mac away from virus, phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and all kinds of online threats while feeling safe about your personal data.
– Double-click combocleaner.dmg to install Combo Cleaner and start a Scan to search and remove malicious items dropped by malware:
3. Re-check your Mac with Uninstaller function Anti-virus function of Combo Cleaner.
– First, use Uninstaller tool to check if any unwanted apps are still in the Apps list. If there is unwanted apps in the list, please select them and click “Remove Selected Items”.
– Second, use Antivirus tool to run a Quick Scan and determine if there unsafe items hiding on your Mac.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.