Basic information about DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG
DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG is a harmful pop-up virus that keeps popping up fake advertisements, update notification and other dubious malware downloads. DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG virus will take over your homepage every time you open a new tab on the browser. So far the browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and also Google Chrome are inevitably to be infected. Once attacked by DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG, there are endless of annoying popups especially the fake update notifications: browser update, flash player, video or other program update alerts. However, clicking on those popups can redirect users to other dubious websites. Usually DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG install other malware inside the system without asking permission. As the DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG is in collusion with nasty third-parties malware, there will be more and more malware installed to consume the limited system resources. As long as the system is launched, DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG results in high CPU usage even there is not many programs running. It is the DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG to malfunction the system.
Moreover, DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG also results in low security defense ability. With DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG on the system, the PC is too weak to withstand other malware attacks. Not only the random popups, the targeted computer also suffer from many unexpected security errors. Fake update notification, security alerts, browser hijacked and even blue screen can happen from time to time. This DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG is released by cyber criminals, and it can exploit the system to steal important information from users. It is necessary for users to remove DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG virus completely without any delay.
Manually Remove DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG may re-infect your computer many times if you do not eliminate its core files. To get rid of all threats, we recommed using Wipersoft Anti-malware to scan the infected PC and find out all malicious files. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with DIRECT.DEXUM.ORG:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.