What is GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus?
GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus is a stubborn adware that degrades system performance and put entire computer at risk. GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus is supported by ad-provided platform. Usually this GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus invades into the system together with dubious third-parties applications. Many users have no idea when and how this GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus infiltrates into the system until they find that system becomes slow. Besides, there will be lots of random popups or ads on web browser. So far ads by GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus get into almost all the browsers. The browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and also Safari are involved. Besides the annoying popups, GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus also adds many harmful extensions to browsers. The browser settings are messed up and replaced by the virus. What is worse, GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus can utilize advance cookies to capture what users are doing online. Once there is important information concerned, users may suffer from privacy leakage.
GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus can bundle into free applications. Especially the applications from dubious websites, GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus invades into the system together with those application download process. When the GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus is installed, the computer will be totally messed up. Email attachments are also likely to hide the GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus adware too. In addition, GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus can be promoted via random popups and also other sponsored links. Once infected by GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus, there will be more and more virus and malware attacks. Users should remove GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus as earlier as possible to prevent from further damages.
Manually Remove GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus may re-infect your computer many times if you do not eliminate its core files. To get rid of all threats, we recommed using Wipersoft Anti-malware to scan the infected PC and find out all malicious files. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Step 1.Remove GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus related extension from Microsoft Edge/ Chrome/Firefox/IE
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with GamingSearch Chrome Extension Virus:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.