VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM is classified as a malicious browser hijacker virus. It usually comes bundled with spam links and free software downloaded from the internet. Once successfully installed, VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM virus makes some modifications in your Windows registry and generates lots of hidden files. Every time you launch your web browser you will notice that the default start-up page becomes VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM. It repeatedly displays fake warning messages on your screen, luring you to download various applications, however, you should never trust any information showed by VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM. Clicking its related links and ads will lead to your computer infected by other viruses. Moreover, the nasty virus is capable of corrupting your programs. It turns off your firewall protection without seeking your permission and secretly monitors your computer activities. If you live with it for a long time, it may even cause system crash or financial loss. Therefore, it is of great importance to get rid of VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM virus as soon as possible. See the detailed removal instructions set forth below.
VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM Harmful Properties
1. VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM is a malicious browser hijacker that causes damage to your computer.
2. It may hijack your browser homepage and cause redirect problems.
3. VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM can terminate the running processes
4. It may display numerous annoying advertisements.
5. VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM is quite difficult to remove.
6. It has the capability to steal your privacy and compromise your security.
Manually Remove VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM may re-infect your computer many times if you do not eliminate its core files. To get rid of all threats, we recommed using Wipersoft Anti-malware to scan the infected PC and find out all malicious files. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with VIDEOS-SEARCHES.COM:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.