Basic Information about:
websearch.weather-extension.com is listed as a nasty browser hijacker virus that can replace your homepage and default search providers without any notifications. It can take over the browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. websearch.weather-extension.com pretends to be a useful search engine. However, it only brings you a lot of trouble. Instead of offering you a wonderful online experience, websearch.weather-extension.com seeks to advertise sponsored websites. In fact, websearch.weather-extension.com is created to help the third party get paid when computer users click on websearch.weather-extension.com or its relative products. If you mislead to use websearch.weather-extension.com as a search provider, you can put your computer into high risk.
Usually, this bothersome virus comes together with the free software online. It can also be bundled with the fake updated programs, spam email attachments, sponsored links and unsafe websites. Once you get websearch.weather-extension.com installed, it can drop other computer threats like adware, pop-up virus and other unwanted applications into your system and as a result, your computer will work strangely and sometime your browsers will freeze frequently. What’s worse, websearch.weather-extension.com is able to spy your online behaviors and collect your personal data such as credit card numbers, bank accounts, online passwords and other sensitive information for the hackers. If you delay to remove this harmful virus, your may lose your money forever. Therefore, you should keep in mind that it is not good to install things like websearch.weather-extension.com. To prevent further damage, you are strongly suggested to get rid of websearch.weather-extension.com without any hesitation.
websearch.weather-extension.com Infected Features:
1. websearch.weather-extension.com can sneak into the computer without letting you know.
2. websearch.weather-extension.com may come along with some harmful programs and potential threats.
3. websearch.weather-extension.com can change the important settings on the system.
4. websearch.weather-extension.com keeps popping up annoying adverts and coupons when you are browsing online.
5. websearch.weather-extension.com can redirect you to some suspicious websites and malicious links.
6. websearch.weather-extension.com can slow your PC performance and network speed.
7. websearch.weather-extension.com can monitor your online activities and collect your financial details for hackers.
Manually Remove websearch.weather-extension.com from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
websearch.weather-extension.com may re-infect your computer many times if you do not eliminate its core files. To get rid of all threats, we recommed using Wipersoft Anti-malware to scan the infected PC and find out all malicious files. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Step 1.Remove websearch.weather-extension.com related extension from Microsoft Edge/ Chrome/Firefox/IE
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with websearch.weather-extension.com, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of websearch.weather-extension.com, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with websearch.weather-extension.com:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.