What is Browser Assistant Virus?
Browser Assistant Virus can be classified as an annoying Adware program that can automatically display advertisements and download unwanted program to your computer. Once Browser Assistant Virus is installed on your computer, it can distribute many ad-supported programs, games and pop-up ads nowhere when you are surfing on the Internet. Apart from preventing you from browsing normally online, Browser Assistant Virus is able to alter your browser settings and change your homepage to other suspicious web page. No matter when you start a new page on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, Browser Assistant Virus can redirect you the strange website that may contain many commercials ads and pop-up windows. Besides, Browser Assistant Virus will keep reopening on your browsers.
If you want to keep a safe system, there is no other better way than remove Browser Assistant Virus as soon as possible. Browser Assistant Virus has the ability to promote other PC threats to enter your system. Generally, Browser Assistant Virus will not install itself alone to your computer. There are some malicious programs such as Browser Hijacker, Pop-up virus and Ransomware which can be bundled with the installation of Browser Assistant Virus. Therefore, you should be very careful when you download anything online. What’s worse, Browser Assistant Virus can collect information about your online activities. Then the creator of Browser Assistant Virus, the hackers can use your financial details to earn illegal money. There is no doubt that Browser Assistant Virus is harmful for computer. You are recommended to get rid of Browser Assistant Virus without any delay. The longer Browser Assistant Virus stays, the more damages it can cause.
Manually Remove Browser Assistant Virus from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
Browser Assistant Virus may re-infect your computer many times if you do not eliminate its core files. To get rid of all threats, we recommed using Wipersoft Anti-malware to scan the infected PC and find out all malicious files. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with Browser Assistant Virus, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of Browser Assistant Virus, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with Browser Assistant Virus:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.