VID001.EXE is a High-Risk and stubborn Trojan virus which damages the infected computer severely. Usually, VID001.EXE spreads over the internet via spam emails and file-sharing transmission. Once inside, it not only modifies your registry entries and corrupts your system files, but also it downloads other malware infections without your consent. This is the reason why when you do a scan of your system, it comes up with more than one virus. In addition, VID001.EXE makes your machine run slowly. Running in the background, it will help spyware steal your sensitive information, including user name, password, on banking details etc. If you don’t take feasible measures to get rid of it as soon as possible, it may even open system backdoors, allowing the attackers to access your computer and manipulate whatever resources are available. Take action to delete VID001.EXE now.
VID001.EXE Is a Dangerous Virus
1. VID001.EXE comes bundled with other infections
2. VID001.EXE can install other malware programs onto your PC
3. VID001.EXE slows down your PC performance
4. VID001.EXE may open up system backdoors, allowing hackers to take control of your PC
5. VID001.EXE may steal your computer privacy.
Manually Remove VID001.EXE from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
If you believe that your computer has been infected with malware, you should consider using Wipersoft Anti-malware to search for VID001.EXE and other infections. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with VID001.EXE, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of VID001.EXE, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with VID001.EXE:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.