00NEWS.RU Popup is regarded as a malicious browser hijacker that compromises the system with lots of harmful malware. Once infected by 00NEWS.RU Popup, the browser is the first innocent victim of the attacks. 00NEWS.RU Popup is an ad-supported virus and it can compromise the browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and also Safari etc. This 00NEWS.RU Popup can pop up all kinds of random popups like coupons, discounts, banners, sponsored links and also free program update notifications to users during online browsing. 00NEWS.RU Popup adds malicious extensions, add-ons and also plugins to the browser. It causes web traffic and always blocks users from normal online browsing. Online requests are not responding, the system can get stuck to freeze from time to time. Once 00NEWS.RU Popup attacks your computer, it refuses to go away. Hijacked by 00NEWS.RU Popup is always a sign of adware attacks. Besides the annoying popups, this 00NEWS.RU Popup can also help hackers to steal important privacy from users.
This 00NEWS.RU Popup is added with advanced cookies, and it exploits the system to do lots of changes. As long as the system is launched, this 00NEWS.RU Popup begins to malfunction the system. It has the ability to activate itself as well as its bundled malware. 00NEWS.RU Popup generates a bunch of noxious PC vulnerabilities and opens backdoor for other malware. With this 00NEWS.RU Popup on the system, day by day, the PC performance is getting poorer and poorer. The CPU goes up high and freezes without any cognition. To prevent from further malware attacks and privacy leakage problems, this 00NEWS.RU Popup should be removed completely ASAP.
Manually Remove 00NEWS.RU Popup from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
If you believe that your computer has been infected with malware, you should consider using Wipersoft Anti-malware to search for 00NEWS.RU Popup and other infections. Wipersoft is a professional Anti-malware Tool designed to identity, block and remove malware for PC.
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with 00NEWS.RU Popup, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of 00NEWS.RU Popup, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it will detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with 00NEWS.RU Popup:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.