Information about Top Results App:
Top Results App is an ad-supported application which is created by the third party It is a PUA that bring bad experience to computer users. Commonly, Top Results App downloads and installs itself to the targeted computer without any awareness. It can come along with the free software downloads, junk email attachments and unsafe websites. Once Top Results App is installed, it allows hacker to remotely spy users’ online activities and use the financial information to make lawless income. Thus, if you find Top Results App in the computer, get rid of it without any delay.
Additionally, Top Results App is able to take over all the web browsers that you have installed like Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. In this situation, you are always redirected to the suspicious web pages even if you are surfing on a certain page. Meanwhile, Top Results App interrupts your browsing experience by displaying various coupon, discount deals and other commercial adverts. Please be careful and don’t click on those ads. Once you move your mouse on them, you will fall into the trap of Top Results App. Further, Top Results App drops other computer infections into your system which can slow down your computer performance and sometimes freeze your system. For the sake of your personal data and computer, you are strongly recommended to remove Top Results App as soon as possible.
How to Remove Top Results App from Mac?
If you have virus problem on Windows OS, please read this Win OS Guide – Manually Remove Virus / Malware from Windows OS
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
– Select Finder on dock:
Select Applications >> Right-lick on unwanted or suspicious apps that may be related with Top Results App >> Click Move to Trash
Go to Dock >> Right-click on Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious apps that may be related with Top Results App, please read next step.
Uninstall Unwanted or Suspicious Extension that May Be Related with Top Results App:
Launch Safari and Click Preferences
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Top Results App >> Click Uninstall
Launch Chrome >> Select More Tools >> Click Extensions:
Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Top Results App >> Click Trash icon to uninstall it.
Launch Firefox >> Click Add-ons:
Select Extensions tab >> Find unwanted or suspicious extension that may be related with Top Results App >> Click Remove
In case you are unable to find or remove suspicious extension that may be related with Top Results App, check the good suggestion below:
Suggestion – Re-check Your Entire Mac For Potential Threats or Malicious Files
If the above steps do not solve your issues on Mac, or If you are concerned that some other malware or threats may have infected your computer, we recommend you start an in-depth system scan with MacBooster, which is a professional tool not only can detect computer virus and malware, but also will optimize Mac performance to give the users a better experience.
MacBooster – The most comprehensive and complete utilities application that you will ever need to keep your Mac clutter and virus free. It is a one-stop Mac and protection maintenance tool to remove Mac malware, clean up junks, and boost Mac performance. With greatly expanded virus and malware database, MacBooster is a reliable anti-malware to keep your Mac away from virus, phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and all kinds of online threats while feeling safe about your personal data. Furthermore, it is able to speed up your Mac maximally and make your machine run as a new one.
Diagnose Your Mac with MacBooster Now:
1. Download MacBooster with the given button below:,
2. Install it and start a Scan to check the System Status of your Mac OS. If you want to use it to solve the detected issues, you need to register its full version to continue.
3. Re-check your Mac with Uninstaller function Virus & Malware Scan function of MacBooster.
– First, use Uninstaller tool to check if any unwanted apps are still in the Apps list. If there is unwanted apps in the list, please select them and click “Uninstall”.
– Second, use Virus & Malware Scan tool to run a Quick Scan and determine if there unsafe items hiding on your Mac.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.