What is ProMediaConverter ?
ProMediaConverter is categorized as a malicious adware. It causes lots of annoying popups as well as many security problems. Usually ProMediaConverter invades into the system together with free online applications downloads, especially the ones from dubious websites. The ProMediaConverter pretends to be an useful add-on and bundles into other applications.
ProMediaConverter is supported by nasty third-parties malware. It is able to pop up endless of annoying ads, sponsored links, banners, discounts and also coupons every where on the pages that users go to. Ads by ProMediaConverter or powered by ProMediaConverter is a sign of adware attacks. The browser is the first victim of the ProMediaConverter attack. Once ProMediaConverter installed successfully in the system, the browser settings are totally messed up. For one thing, the default settings are modified. Homepage can be another unknown domain instead of the familiar one. For the other thing, ProMediaConverter can mess up the DNS settings. In this way, users are likely to be blocked from normal networking connection.
Moreover, ProMediaConverter contains harmful codes and able to utilize advanced cookies to capture what users are doing online. If users keep ProMediaConverter installed in the system, various cyber criminals can get access to your sensitive information. Log in password, identify info., histories and also other important credit credit card password are likely to be captured. Therefore, users are highly recommended to remove ProMediaConverter completely.
Manually Remove ProMediaConverter from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next step.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with ProMediaConverter , then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of ProMediaConverter , you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with ProMediaConverter :
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.