map2.hwcdn.net pop-up Description
map2.hwcdn.net is a type of browser hijacker or adware that has been lurked into targeted computer without any awareness. It came out recently and upset users from all around the world. Usually this application comes along with free software downloads, without letting you know. The map2.hwcdn.net makes changes into computer as long as it gets inside. It can be added to many browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The hijacker redirects homepage to unfamiliar advertising site. Besides, it installs new search engine to replace your Google, yahoo or bing. It keeps giving unrelated search results and causing random redirections. There is no threat being detected while the computer acts wired and wizard.
Usually the map2.hwcdn.net appears with a new tab. It has been utilized by the third party to collect users’ sensitive information. By using cookies, the adware can easily spy on users’ computer IP, email address, login name, password and credit card details to social media sites. It might push your sensitive information into being vulnerable. As we have mentioned, map2.hwcdn.net pop-up is associated to party groups. It will automatically install free applications which may contain virus. It is very urgent if computer has been taken over.
When inside, map2.hwcdn.net malware may add additional codes or files to take up system resources. It drags down system performance speed. So you can blame no one when computer is slow and abnormal. map2.hwcdn.net malware completely affects your online activities. Apart from the annoying redirections, it displays irritating pop-up ads and sponsored links. Regarding to the advertisements delivered, people should stay away. Any improper click would introduce greater internet criminal. Please get rid of map2.hwcdn.net malware quickly.
Manually Remove map2.hwcdn.net from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
If some extensions cannot be removed manually, it might be triggered by Adware or PUP related with the extension. We recommend downloading Wipersoft Anti-malware to see whether it can find Adware / PUP and similar threats on your PC.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with map2.hwcdn.net, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
If an unwanted program cannot be uninstalled manually, it might be related with malicious programs. We recommend downloading Wipersoft Anti-malware to see whether it will detect malicious programs on your PC.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of map2.hwcdn.net, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with map2.hwcdn.net:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.