What is eluxer.net?
eluxer.net is regarded as a vicious pop-up virus and redirect virus which has close relationship to adware and other PUPs. eluxer.net has reported as a stubborn redirect virus too due to the unexpected redirection during online browsing. It is a big nuisance as the virus results in a bunch of annoying fake virus attack alerts. This eluxer.net is supported by nasty third-parties malware. Without any permission, eluxer.net infiltrates into the system and performs lots of malicious activities. The browser is taken over by the eluxer.net quickly once attacked. eluxer.net creates browser helper objects and claims to help users enhance the online browsing experience.
eluxer.net changes the browser settings randomly, users are not able to get internet connected sometimes because of the virus. Besides, eluxer.net messes up the system settings especially the start-up and the registry entries settings randomly. The PC runs very slow due to the web traffic and the malfunction. So far the browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and and also Safari etc are easily to under attacked. Besides the eluxer.net virus, there will be more and more harmful viruses and malware are brought silently to attack the computers. Since this eluxer.net can generate a bunch of risky PC vulnerabilities, the bugs are likely to open backdoor to invite other malware. Also, eluxer.net is bundled with lots of rogue plugins, it inserts the harmful plugins in browsers and even captures what users are doing online. eluxer.net utilizes the advanced cookies to collect important information from users. With this eluxer.net on the system, the PC will encounter more and more unexpected problems. Users should remove it completely ASAP.
Manually Remove eluxer.net from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next steps.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with eluxer.net, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of eluxer.net, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with eluxer.net:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.