What is JAVHD.COM?
JAVHD.COM is deemed as a malicious redirect virus that is able to affect the most used web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. In most cases, JAVHD.COM can be bundled with the free software from the Internet. That is to say, if you download and install the unknown, junk and unsafe applications online, you may get JAVHD.COM infected. You should always pay close attention on any online activity. Once JAVHD.COM in installed on your system, many problems will occur.
JAVHD.COM is a frustrating pop-up virus that can sneak into the targeted computers without any awareness. It seems like a legit website when it first appears on your computer screen. However, it is only a malicious web page which brings you a lot of pop-up ads, fake message, coupons and other online offers. JAVHD.COM can mess up all your web browsers. Once loaded, it can take over your browsers and change the important settings of your system. Your homepage will be replaced by JAVHD.COM or its related pages. Besides, JAVHD.COM can change your search results with its own choice. If you use JAVHD.COM as a search engine, it can point you to some strange web every time you open a new page to do a search. Furthermore, JAVHD.COM it can record your online activities and then collect your confidential information and transfer it to its developer. Thus, if you keep JAVHD.COM in your system for a long time, you will lose your personal data. For the sake of your computer, it is wise to eliminate JAVHD.COM right now.
Manually Remove JAVHD.COM from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next steps.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with JAVHD.COM, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of JAVHD.COM, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with JAVHD.COM:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.