What is Idle Buddy adware? Is it safe?
Idle Buddy is a type of adware. It is lurked into your computer in order for cyber criminal. It collects confidential information like login names, passwords, credit card and banking information. The Idle Buddy adware is a deceptive application which causes web traffics into browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. When keeping this malware inside, the computer will be flooded with annoying ads and links.
Any simple click on the pop-up resource would lead to system crash and money loss. Idle Buddy virus has been found recently. It is a nasty application which has been designed by rootkit technology. It cannot be removed or deleted by system removal tools. Apart from the irritating advertisements made, Idle Buddy adware creates backdoor to introduce more computer threats. It may allow malicious remote access. Your personal information would be put into being vulnerable. It is not wise to leave this malware in computer. Do you have the same problem? Many people didn’t download Idle Buddy adware by themselves. It just appears all of a sudden. This malware comes out automatically with a new tab on your browsers. Once inside, it modifies your homepage and direct you to party websites. Idle Buddy is promoting the third party. It is very possible to steal your sensitive information. You should get it off immediately to avoid further damages
Manually Remove Idle Buddy from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next steps.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with Idle Buddy, then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of Idle Buddy, you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with Idle Buddy:
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.