FASTDATAX 1.20 pop-up problem? How to fix?
FASTDATAX 1.20 is a potentially unwanted adware which is added to your system silently. Actually it is a deceptive application created by the third party. It keeps giving annoying advertisements when you surf on the internet. Being bounded with the third party, it will install unwanted applications without letting you know. Many people consider FASTDATAX 1.20 as a rogue program.
Being created for marketing purpose, this virus will access users’ financial information secretly. It collects details like internet habit, computer IP, email address, password and credit card number to social site. Similar to other type of adware, FASTDATAX 1.20 will add in-text links, full-page banners and pop-up windows on your computer. It pushes you to click any of them, so that that ranking rate is improved. To be more reliable, it displays coupons, discounts, deals, offerings and savings, thinking that it will enhance browsing experience. However, FASTDATAX 1.20 virus spreads cyber criminal without your awareness. If your computer is invaded by FASTDATAX 1.20 pop-up, don’t hesitate taking actions. FASTDATAX 1.20 savings are not available. Apart from the annoyances, it makes computer vulnerable by allowing remote access. More infections would be introduced, pushing computer into a poor condition. Although it looks reliable, don’t be taken in.
Manually Remove FASTDATAX 1.20 from Windows OS
If you have computer security problems on Mac OS, please read this Mac Guide – How to Clean and Protect Your Mac?
(NOTE: Bookmark this page first because some steps may close your web browser or restart computer)
Note – If you cannot find or remove a malicious extension, please read next steps.
1. Press Win + R keys at the same time to launch Run box >> Then input: “Control Panel” and click OK
2. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program
3. In the Programs and Features window, right click on apps that may be related with FASTDATAX 1.20 , then click Uninstall/Change. Then select Uninstall option.
Note – If you cannot find or remove malicious program, please continue the below steps.
Win 7 / Vista User
|Win 8 User
Win 10 User
Virus and malware may hide its files in different locations of PC. If you are not able to locate files of FASTDATAX 1.20 , you can try Wipersoft’s Malware Detection Tool to see if it can detect the unsafe files for you:
1. Open Registry Editor first:
- Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Run box and hit OK
2. Find out and remove all harmful registry files that may be related with FASTDATAX 1.20 :
(Do Not Delete Any Registry File If You’re Not Familiar with It)
Wrong operation in Registry Editor might harm your computer.If you are not able to locate and identify the nasty registry files, we recommend using Wipersoft Anti-malware and see if it will find out unsafe registry files of infection for you. This may save you hours and avoid risks.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Select all the options and then click Clear button
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button >> click Settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
Tips for Threat Prevention
– Always running professional Antivirus or Antimalware and keep Firewall ON;
– Create System Restore Point regularly and back up important personal files;
– Avoid downloading free programs from unknown third party shared sites;
– Regularly update system via automatic system update;
– Don’t access porn sites or similar sites which are potentially harmful;
– Avoid opening any attachments of unknown emails.